Monday, April 22, 2013

Another beautiful year down

 Jaxen's birthday was more like a birth weekend. On the day of his birthday unfortunately Josh and I both worked. Before I had to leave for work we went to Toys R us and picked out his present for his party. He would not leave the wooden train area without having a complete meltdown. So I went with the Imaginarium train set. (Similar one here) We then headed over to whole foods and grabbed a cupcake. We sat outside under the trees and I watched him get frosting all over his little face and hands. I couldn't help but feel amazed at how much he has grown. How much personality and independence he has acquired the last year.  Later that evening my mom flew in from CA where Josh and Jaxen were there to pick her up. 


The next day was his party. My mom and I ran around in the morning and got all the necessary items like, balloons and streamers... yadda yadda.  We packed everything up and headed to the park. Once we got there the sun was out and it was a beautiful day but the wind was SO strong. The streamer tent over our table I was going for was a complete fail. Balloons would not stay still and the table cloth and food were flying everywhere. It as definitely a challenge. We put on some music and BBQ up our food anyway. Jaxen opened his presents and we played with them for a bit. My arms got so sunburnt. I didnt even realize the strength of the sun because the wind was cooling. After we got tired of the weather we walked over to my dads house and sang happy birthday and cut the cake. We sat and drank what was left of our beer. My mom and I headed out to have a late dinner at The Domain after we put jaxen to bed and had an awesome end to our day. 










 The next day we took an adventure to Sea world San Antonio. It was Josh and Jaxen's first time! We walked around and saw the animal exhibits, played on the playscape and splash pad and even saw a sesame street concert. We went to the Sea lion show and Shamu show also. Jaxen was totally mesmerized over the animals. It was so cute. By the end of the day we were pooped and so was Jaxens bubble gun! We drove home and finished off with some dinner. It was so fun being surrounded with friends and family. Another beautiful year down... <3














No comments:

Post a Comment